TED Talks, Keynotes, Artist talks, Panel Chair, Host
Speaker ProfileKeynote Speaker
- Heroes Coinnovation Festival, Maratea, Basilicata, IT, 21-23 Sep 2016
- Icarus Interstellar Starship Congress, Dallas TX, 16 Aug 2013
- 20000 Leagues Under the Lakes: From the Vassena’s Submersible to Space. Celebrating 65 years of technology transfer in the design for Humans. Varenna, IT 27 Jun 2013.
- Experiment! Australia Council National Experimental Arts Forum, CarriageWorks Theatre, Sydney, AU 2013
- Designing for Depth, sg2013 Symposium, 10th Anniversary SmartGeometry Conference, The Bartlett, London, UK 20 April 2013.
- Living Water – water living: bodies and ocean architectures. Future Cities 2.0 Other Worlds, University of Greenwich, London UK, 11 Apr 2013.
- From Sea, to Summit, to Space, TEDxMelbourne special format talk, Boulder CO, 2016
- What happens when the dream gets very real, TEDxMelbourne, Melbourne, AU 2015.
- Flow, TED Speaker Series, State Street Corporation, Sydney, AU, 7 Feb 2014.
- Towards an Australian Space Arts Policy, TEDxRockhampton, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton AU, 7 Jun 2013.
- Every space project needs an artist. TEDxISU (International Space University, NASA Kennedy Space Centre, Florida Institute of Technology), Melbourne, FL 6 Jul 2012.
- Aquabat explores Extreme Environments. Global Hydrotherapy. TEDxSydney, Carriageworks Theatre, Sydney, AU 22 May 2010
- What the world needs now is to return to the Ocean. TEDU, TED2010 Conference Long Beach, US 22 Feb 2010
- Book Launch: Star Ark: a living, self-sustaining spaceship (In conversation: Prof. Rachel Armstrong (host/chair), Dr. Sarah Jane Pell), Arts Lecture Theatre, Newcastle Upon Tyne University, UK, 26 Sep 2016
- Art and Science in Astronautics (Dr. Sarah Jane Pell, Ret. Astronaut Nicole Stott (host/chair), Astronaut , Dr. Jason Rimueller), POSSUM SciArts Panel, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, US 2016
- Space and Pop Culture (Dr. Sarah Jane Pell, Dr. Alice Gorman (chair), Kathryn Brimblecombe-Fox, Josh Richards), ISUSH SSP Public Space Panel, Adelaide, AU 2016.
- Artists in Space (Dr. Sarah Jane Pell (chair), Kerrie Doughtery, Dr. Barbara Imhof, Zina Kaye, Dr. Angelo Vermuelen), ISEA2013 International Symposium of Electronic Arts, University of Sydney, AU 2013
- Performance Panel (Dr. Sarah Jane Pell, Prof. Domenico De Clario, Jill Orr), Woman in Research Project, Dr. Kit Wise (host) Faculty of Art and Design, Monash University, Caulfield AU, 2008
- Biological Enhancement Space Technologies (Dr. Homan 'Rosa' Chan, Dr. Sarah Jane Pell), NASA Ames/SU Conference, Gen. S. Pete Worden (host) Ames Research Park, Moffett Field, US 2010.
- Artists in space agencies, (Dr. Sarah Jane Pell, Dr. Garrett Finney, Prof. Lorwy Burgess, Dr. Frank Petronegro), Space Soon: art & human space flight, Nicola Triscott (Host), The Arts Catlyst, The RoundHouse, London UK, 2006
- Luna Gaia: a closed loop habitat for the moon (Dr. Sarah Jane Pell, Tracy Gill, James Chartres, Dr. Erin Tranfield, Ting Ho, Francesc Bortoz, Nil Garcia, Shablam Ozlati, Sara Porier, Jean-François Gauthier, Jerone Vandersteen), NASA Ames Research Centre, Gen. S. Pete Worden (Host) Directors Colloqium, Moffett Space Sciences Auditorium, US Nov 2006
- Hydrophilia & Hydrophonics: UK-AU, Water and New Media (Dr. Sarah Jane Pell, Caroline Locke), RAW Residency Artist Talks, The Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane, AU 2006.
- Sub Culture: Duty of Care in performance, (Prof. Johannes Birringer (chair), Dr. Sarah Jane Pell, Prof. Shannon Bell, Dr. Rob La Frenais) PSi12 Performance Studies International #12, School of English and Drama, Queen Mary, University of London with East End Collaborations and the Live Art Development Agency, UK 2006
- On Aquabatics & Forced Entertainment’s Marathon Lexicon, (In conversation: Prof. Alan Reed (host/chair), Sarah Jane Pell) Theatre Studies, Boston University, London UK, 2004
- Lifeboat: Artists and Scientists in Collaboration (Sarah Jane Pell, Dr. Ionat Zurr, Dr. Nigel Helyer, Oron Catts), ISEA2004 International Symposium of Electronic Arts, Cinema Kosmos, Estonian Academy of Arts, Tallin, 2004.
- Stars in Diguise: Rhani Allan, MONA Scholarship Award, MONA Museum of Old & New Art, Moona TAS, 3 Dec 2014.
- Women in Leadership, Engineers Australia Convention, EAC Women's Breakfast Forum, Melbourne AU, 22 Nov 2014.
- AEGIS Research Seminar, RMIT University, Melbourne AU, 15 Dec 2012
- Experimentum, Experimentum, Experimentum!, Artlink Journal edition launch: Experimenta: speak to me! 5th Biennale of Media Arts, RMIT Gallery, Melbourne, AU 15 Sep 2012
- Organising the Subaquatic, ISU Alumni Conference, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne FL. 6 Jul 2012
- Human Performance in Subspace, Articulate Lecture Series: Performance & Environment, CCI, Edith Cowan University, Mount Lawley, AU 2007
- Body Shocks: from Sub Space to Outer Space, Faculty Seminar Lecture, School of Anatomy & Human Biology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, AU 2007
- Sub Cultures, SymbioticA: the art &science laboratory, University of Western Australia, The School of Anatomy & Human Biology, Crawley, AU 2005
- Artist Lecture, Showroom II, Dance 4 & The Bonnington Gallery, Arkwright Building, Nottingham Trent University UK, 2004
TEDxSydney 2010More information
Walking with Water 2005More information
Hydrophilia 2004More information